Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: In Honor of Sandy West

  1. #21
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I'll be there singing, in spirit Pauline!
    I, too, sure wish I could be there but I'm not THAT far west of the Pecos! I reside in Tucson!
    [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner rocketmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2000
    Posts
    1,342
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The L.A. Times came out with an article today about Sandy and the memorial concert.

    Goodbye, girl
    Bands influenced by the Runaways will pay tribute to Sandy West.

    CLICK HERE

  3. #23
    Inactive Member rkn rn's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks for the link,rocketmaster. please pass on, that I sent photos to the [email protected] address thanks...

  4. #24
    Inactive Member harley-63's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2006
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sandy was a special person and truly a rock legend. It is very heartwarming and bittersweet to see the outpouring of love and respect for this woman. Cherie Currie will have a lot to contend with tonight hosting the memorial, yet she is the right person to do so. Everyone should have a friend like Cherie and Sandy, although perhaps frustrated with her career, had to know she was very much loved. Looking forward to celebrating her life in a room full of love this evening....
    Thank you Cherie, Mara and everyone at Rocket City Records for putting this together.
    Rock ON!
    -Harley

  5. #25
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Well said Harley!
    Rock On Cherie and all..For Sandy!!!
    Tonights the night!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #26
    Inactive Member tim52160's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i saw this article on another board. i think it is the best tribute i have seen yet.

  7. #27
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Originally posted by rocketmaster:
    The L.A. Times came out with an article today about Sandy and the memorial concert.

    Goodbye, girl
    Bands influenced by the Runaways will pay tribute to Sandy West.

    CLICK HERE
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks rocketmaster! Last night was the big night. Hopefully we'll get some reviews on the Sandy West Tribute Concert!

    I hope it went well!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #28
    Inactive Member MrFrosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Glad to say I made it to Sandy West's Memorial Tribute at the Knitting Factory last night. It was a phenomenal show. Took a couple of other freinds and we all had a great time. Place was packed and hotter than **** in there even with the rain outside, staggered it in between stage setups to get catch a breather but definitely glad I went.

    Definitely a presence in that place each time Cherie took the stage along with seeing the Bangles, Appice Brothers dual drum workout and others. I liked Cherie's performance of Moonshine Lullaby especially. I'm sure Sandy could hear us. We got a few good shots of Cherie via digital camera even though the flash was a bit weak. Might be able to touch them up. I'll only post them if she wishes.

    By the way Cherie, great performance! Or if you wish, great F'-ing performance [img]wink.gif[/img] ... you and Jake both. I know it was difficult for you given the situation but you stuck it out well.

    For anyone else, I've been off the board for over a year but recently became active again.

    Bill (Aka Frosty)

  9. #29
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Welcome back Mr. Frosty and thanks a lot for sharing your experience at the Sandy West Tribute Concert!

    I sure wish I could have been there!

    Don't be a stranger dude!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #30
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey folks,
    For lots more about the Sandy West Tribute Concert, etc, check out the new Runaways message board!

    http://runawaysonline.proboards70.com/

    GD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic